Advertisement


 photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Review: The Face Shop Chia Seed Sebum Control Moisture Cream

Hello! I'm back with another review and this time it's of The Face Shop's Chia Seed Sebum Control Moisture Cream! (a mouthful if you ask me...!)

When I saw this product on Rubyrubyshop's eBay page, I was super curious. First of all, chia seeds are supposed to be amazing for your health. I blend them up in my smoothies all the time. Second, it's a gel-like consistency.. perfect for combination to oily skin typed ladies like myself. And third, the spokesperson is a familiar face: Miss A's Suzy. This product surely does sound like a dream, doesn't it?




Description taken off f2plus1's listing:

  • moisturizing cream that replenishes moisture while controlling sebum 
  • mild oil-free translucent cream made with environmentally friendly technique
  • 100% organic chia seed extract sap in lieu of water
  • 0% oil.... (in reality it includes 0.001% mineral oil) 
  • 7 free: mineral oil, talc, artificial flavouring, etc. Good for sensitive skin
  • no genetically modified seeds used
How to use: 
Apply every morning and evening after essence. Spread well to enhance absorption. 



Just from the description above, I was super excited to try out this moisturizer. It seemed perfect for my sensitive yet combination skin type! After I received this product I couldn't wait to use it, but I did end up waiting a few weeks to finish up a current moisturizer.


Once I opened the lid I noticed the separator. It's super durable and the little tab is in the shape of a heart haha :)  The tub itself is a hard plastic and makes it look as if there is much more than 50mL of product in there. Everything about the packaging is very well made. Nothing feels cheap at all. Not even the spatula (which isn't pictured.)


The scent of this product is fab. It doesn't smell like alcohol or of fruits or flowers. It smells straight up clean and just wonderful in general! 


The gel like consistency is a dream to blend and a lot of it goes a very long way! The amount pictured above would definitely be more than enough to cover my entire face seeing how it blends so smoothly and seamlessly. Unfortunately I'm unable to include a picture of the box and spatula because....

This product did not work for me.

And that fact actually makes me really upset! I thought that I found my forever holy grail moisturizer but that's not the case. I used this moisturizer for at least a week and a half, and every morning I would wake up with annoying little white heads all over my face; not just in my t-zone! While attempting to look up reviews on this I stumbled across Michelle's blog where she merely stated she purchased it. I messaged her straight away and asked for a little blurb about this product and whether or not it worked for her. Her skin is similar to mine as it's acne prone, combination/oily, and she is dealing with hyperpigmentation like myself. She told me that it worked for her and that I should definitely try it. In reality, it was probably my sensitive skin that caused the reaction and it just makes me so saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. :( I ended up giving this to my mother, seeing as her skin is virtually perfect and isn't sensitive at all. I thought that maybe I'd retry this in the winter when my skin is really dry and see how that goes. 

If you decide on purchasing this product, I hope it works for you! Let me know how it goes in a comment below! (I want to make new friends hahahahahaha........!!)

Thanks for reading! Until next time! 
xo, Catherine 
Follow on Bloglovin


14 comments:

  1. aw.... it's sad that it did not work for you... It's annoying with sensitive skin.. I have that too..

    http://www.gwiyomistyle.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! It's definitely super annoying... all of the time. :(
      xo

      Delete
  2. Hi Catherine, I was so interested in this moisturizer too before until I read a review from ibuybeauti owner about this product that breaks her out too. I think it's not for sensitive acne prone skin (like mine) but thank you for sharing and let us know ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello misa:)
      siiiiigh, it's us sensitve acne prone skin girls like us that seem to have difficulties with everything, hey?! :(
      thanks for commenting and taking the time to read!! :)))))
      xo

      Delete
  3. Hey Catherine, really sad to hear that this product didn't work well for your skin. I have been using it for 2 months now and it has done wonders to my skin. I have combination to oily skin, and do get breakouts sometimes due to hormones. After using this moisturiser, I found that my skin's texture and pigmentation had drastically improved! I'm sorry that this product wasn't able to help your skin. Don't give up in finding your 'hold grail' skincare product :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! Sad to hear it didn't work for you... I've been eyeing this product for a while but I have sensitive skin too so now am hesitating. Like the layout of your blog and your posts- keep it up! =D

    http://beauteebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a bummer! I'm quite interested in this product but I have sensitive skin :( Thanks for sharing your experience :) Wanna follow each other? Follow me and I'll definitely follow back!

    blushindaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. oMG THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME! =( I wasn't sure what was causing all my white heads, so yesterday I didn't use it at all, and today when I did within a couple hours I had white heads all over my face!!! wtf!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it din works well with me too...
    seems like i will wake up with some little acne.... =(
    so sad....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stumbled across your blog while looking up reviews cuz I bought it a while in Korea for holiday recently and it worked fantastic there but when I came back to my Singapore it totally messed up my skin somehow??? What did you do to remove the whiteheads and stuff?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Sorry for the super late reply! Honestly, I would recommend waiting out your whiteheads as they'll disappear themselves. Popping them is super risky because there's always the chance of scarring/infection. SO, I would just carry on with your skincare routine as normal but I'd probably skip the super abrasive stuff just in case :)

      For me, my whiteheads disappeared within a few days!

      Delete
  9. Wow it sucks that it didn't work !
    Especially since it's quite expensive for a REALLYYY small size ._.
    I'm actually really interested in this. My face is oily but I never user moisturizer before because I'm afraid it might make my skin become more oily :/ I thought this moisturizer would be perfect but oh well now I'm not sure xD

    Anyway do you know moisturizer that's perfect for oily skin ? :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, first of all i see you make a good review of this product :)
    I just made an English subtitles for the CF of The Face Shop Sebum Control Moisture Cream

    I hope this helps making your reviews even better, if you don’t mind ^^
    Korean Subbed CF

    ReplyDelete