Advertisement


 photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Review: Etude House AC Clinic Daily Acne Foam Cleanser

Goooooodness, it's been awhile hasn't it.. I'm super behind on lots of my school work but even so, I thought I'd squeeze in a quick review since I've been lacking in my blogging too. Today's review is on Etude's AC Clinic foam cleanser, let's goooooooooo 




Okay so, first of all, I got this little "deluxe sample" / travel sized guy in this kit I got off of jolse for around $12. My review of its counterpart, the red spot balm, can be read here. The actual full sized product includes 150mL where mine only as 30, the thing is though, I feel like I've been using this cleanser for weeks on a daily basis and I still have a lot of product left. It can be purchased on jolse for around $10.


The product comes out in a stiff white cream, it smells medicinal but isn't strong at all. Tbh, I find it quite therapeutic. I do find that using too much of this product dries out my sensitive, acne-prone and combination skin so definitely be wary of that.


This cleanser is also advertised as a foaming one, and though technically it does foam, it doesn't do much of it. I find it to be flat and more milky than anything, but hey, I don't dispense a whole lot of this product in the first place.


Something that you might want to take note of is that there is triclosan included in the ingredients list of this product. Triclosan is used in many household consumer items like deodorants and detergents as a preservative and an anti-bacterial agent. Currently, there aren't any tests that prove that triclosan is dangerous to human health but, it's suspected in being able to interfere with our hormonal function. It's also suspected to irritate the skin and eyes and is extremely toxic to aquatic organisms as it doesn't break down easily. Triclosan as an antibacterial is also something your skin can possibly grow immune to, so using this puppy religiously won't do ya any good; especially seeing how you'll be using this to fight acne causing bacteria! For more information, check out this link.



So, does this work for me? 

Not really. I don't notice any huge changes in my skin at all. I occasionally suffer from stress or hormonal acne but I don't find this cleanser to be the one product that really helps with my skin. I think the red spot balm that I reviewed earlier and Lioele's AC spot treatments work a lot better. After I finish up this little tube I most likely won't be repurchasing. It's a given that cosmetic products will always include controversial ingredients but I really don't think this product is all that great. Tbh I believe that if a product works for you and really helps you with your needs, you should keep using it regardless if it includes stuff like parabens or other "bad" ingredients. This cleanser is one of those "eh" products, it's not great, but it's definitely not terrible either. If you suffer from terrible acne I don't think using this cleanser will help solve that. Perhaps if you are diligent about using the entire line though, that might be a totally different story. 


Thanks for reading, until next time!

xo, Catherine 

5 comments:

  1. i was planning to buy this but i guess not anymore haha. thank you for the review! im your newest follower in blogvin and GFC :)

    http://mina-in-wonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i actually bought this for about a month already. but I dont think it works on me :( as what i've read from other reviews, the effects of it doesnt apply on me :( i even had a break out :( i dont know why :(

    thanks for this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, I'm so sorry to hear that! Hopefully you'll be able to find a cleanser that works for your skin super soon! I'm currently using the Innisfree Bija Antitrouble foaming cleanser in conjunction with some other acne fighting products and so far it's been pretty good for me! Random break outs suck, but I do believe that they'll occur even if you're using anti-acne products! I'm sure all of us experience this from time to time unfortunately. ;(

      Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! :)
      xo Catherine

      Delete
  3. i have brought an AC clinic toner, i feel itchy every time i applied it on my face especially the skin near to nose part area, so i decided to stop using it. But after a few month, i feel it is a waste since i did not use it and i want to use it again. Then i found out that there it somethings growing inside the liquid. It is so disgusting and i think i won't buy any product from Etude House anymore since we don't know the contain of the product is safe to our body or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heya, thanks for sharing! I don't know much about the other products from Etude's AC line but it's really too bad that your experience with it was a bad one :( I'm definitely no professional when it comes to cosmetic ingredients but I do believe in the research of them prior to testing them out especially if you've got sensitive or acne prone skin.

      Please remember that even though the AC toner didn't work for you some of their other products might! Not all of their products include triclosan. I've personally been using their Wonder Pore Freshner for months and months now and I've only ever experienced good things with it. :)

      I really hope you'll be able to find a skincare solution that caters to your needs soon! Good luck and thanks for sharing your experience with me!

      Catherine

      Delete