Advertisement


 photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Review: My Beauty Diary Apple Polyphenol Sheet Masks

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii everyone.  For those of you who don't know, I just finished my last, first week of high school and I can't be more happy that it's now the weekend. This week has been super rough on me, seeing how summer has made me grown used to the idea of waking up at 12 pm every day and watch TV shows all throughout the day and night. Any who, I'm back with a review of these Apple Polyphenol Sheet Masks from My Beauty Diary. I finally used up the whole box, so ten sheets, of these guys. 

My Beauty Diary is a Taiwanese brand that specializes in sheet masks.  This type of mask is recommended for combination-oily skin types, and is directed towards pore care; which is why I picked it up. Plus, I love the smell of apples.. :) 




I picked up this box at a local Asian supermarket for $15, though sometimes these boxes can go on sale for around $13. The box itself is a pretty green.


I wish my Chinese was up to par so I could explain what all of this reads but unfortunately it's not... I'm sure all of us understand the idea behind a sheet mask though!


The mask itself is of thicker quality, and is very generously soaked in serum; not to the point where it's dripping down your neck, but to the point where even when the mask has dried, there's still tons of product after squeezing. And the scent is absolutely heavenly... artificial apples! I do notice that I get used to the scent right after applied to my face.. I wish it lingered, haha! Another thing about these masks though, was that the cut out mouth section is on the smaller side.. but in reality I do have larger lips than a normal Asian girl. What I ended up doing was cutting slits near the mouth part and folding the mask up so I wouldn't be ingesting the serum. I applied these at least once a week after toner, and left them on until almost dry. Then I patted the excess serum into my skin and followed up with moisturizer.



My thoughts?
Even though the size of my pores have decreased in size, I'm sure it's probably from a variety of products working together. The mask itself is hydrating, but probably won't be much for dry skin. It does leave a slight stickiness to the skin even after full absorption, so I'd definitely recommend these for before bed. In the end, I probably won't repurchase these because they didn't surprise me and were just an "eh" product. This isn't the end for MBD for me though, seeing as I still have a variety pack of them to go through! Hopefully one that blows my socks off will be discovered soon. 

Thanks for reading! Until next time!
xo, Catherine

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, I feel like I have used this brand before. But I think I have used so many that I forgetting which I have used, beside those I reviewed and posted on my blog...

    http://www.gwiyomistyle.net/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your happy day :) enjoy your high school.
    Sadly there's no beauty diary in my country :)

    ANyway you have a nice blog, mind to join my giveaway?
    http://noniq.blogspot.com/2013/08/1-giveaway-noniq-diary-x-firmoo.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sis!
    Wow sis may i ask where is this asian supermarket? I wanna try those and btw your cam's quality is superb! I can see clearly the writings, what cam did you use? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's called TNT Supermarket but I think it's only limited to Canadians! I know that sites like sasa and some sellers on eBay offer My Beauty Diary too so I would recommend checking them out on there :)

      I used my iPhone5 in natural sunlight, believe it or not!
      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete