Advertisement


 photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Review: SKIN79 Lemon Brightening Mask

I apologize that I haven't updated in forever but let's just cut the crap and start this review, yeah? Today I'll be reviewing SKIN79's Lemon Brightening Mask. 
P.S The photos were taken on a gloomy day way back when and my use of a filter didn't really help..

Anyways, so, I purchased this product when my Tony Moly Tomatox Mask was running low because both seem to target the brightness of the skin. I got this off of Jolse for around $16, but if any of you are interested, it's currently on sale. :) 



What it claims to do: brighten, hydrate, and care for "trouble" by evening out and diminishing discolorations of the skin. It's ideal for dull and fatigued looking skin.


There isn't much more to it than that. It's a wash off mask, so it's recommended that you use it after cleansing and toning your skin. Masks like this are always instructed to be left on for 10-15 minutes before being rinsed off with warm water but to be honest, I usually end up leaving these suckers on for like an hour before I find the strength and motivation to lug my butt and rinse it off... haha.


75mL of product is housed in a frosted glass jar with a plastic screw on cap. It's super luxurious feeling which is something I can really appreciate. A spatula is included too, which is always nice, but I find this one to be annoying. It's dipped in like a spoon which makes me have to use my fingers to dig out the product since it's so thick and isn't easily transferred. I would much prefer a flat spatula in all honesty.


The texture of this stuff is quite thick and creamy, with a pleasant and subtle scent of fresh lemons. Pleasant as in the smell of lemon scented dish detergent, haha. The scent itself is pretty weak though so it shouldn't be much of a bother to those with sensitive noses. I find that mask scents usually wear off anyways too. Even though the product is quite thick, there's no problem or difficulties when spreading it across the skin. It's smooth and glides across the surface so it doesn't require any tugging that can irritate the skin.


Did it work for me?
In all honesty, I'm a little bit of a skeptic when it comes to products that claim to brighten or whiten the skin. I found that this mask worked pretty much the same to the Tony Moly Tomatox pack that I reviewed a few months back. Like the Tomatox, it offers immediate brightening and hydration but of course the results aren't permanent and won't last very long. Maybe it'll help to brighten your complexion over time if you were very diligent in applying this.

Personally, I'd skip this mask and wouldn't bother repurchasing it. But hey, if you've got a little extra cash or are a beauty junkie then I think it's worth giving a shot too. I just don't think this product is something that should be at the top of your wishlist, ya feel?

Do you have this product, and more importantly, did it work for you? Let me know!

Thanks for reading! Until next time,

xo, Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment