Advertisement


 photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Review: Lioele Beyond the Solution BB Cream

HEYA! It's been a good month or so since I really posted any material up on here but... here we are. Today I'll be reviewing a cult favourite: Lioele's Beyond the Solution BB.

I got this sucker for around $12 on f2plus1. (PS- it's still on sale!) F2plus1 is one of my favourite k-cosmetics retailers because of its competitive prices as well as free shipping. Nothing makes me feel more sad than paying for ridiculous shipping; especially when it's by weight!

(Ingredients!! Click to expand!!)

Unlike its counterpart, the Triple Solution BB, it doesn't offer any SPF or PA protection; making it a heck of a lot cheaper and more like a foundation/tinted moisturizer than a BB cream itself. I'm fairly new to this whole realm of Korean BB creams but while doing research, this one was definitely one of the most popular. While lacking SPF, this BB makes up for its long lasting staying power even on the slickest of faces (like my own....)


The packaging on this puppy is beautiful. The tube itself feels sleek and made beautifully and the pump may look cheap but it doesn't feel anything like it. I loooooooove tubes and I loooove pumps- making this BB cream an A+++++ in the packaging category. The tube itself houses 50mL of product; an extremely generous amount especially considering the price!


While shopping around I was definitely worried about colour payoff. This BB is only offered in one shade and though I'm not considered as dark toned, I'm definitely not light either. Getting it was a risk I decided to take- knowing that winter is around the corner, I thought I could get away with it. Upon application, this BB does not give off the classic grey hues that other Korean BB creams do, it's definitely more yellowed compared to Missha's Perfect Cover in #23. The texture is also not as balmy; the difference isn't crazy, but it's for sure the teeniest bit more runny. I use a domed foundation brush while applying half a pump of this.


My combination skin is tricky when it comes to face makeup. After about 2 hours upon application my nose starts to get shiny, and by the end of the day the shine starts to creep onto my cheeks and the centre of my forehead. I should probably start powdering my makeup, but I hate how cakey and heavy it makes my skin look and feel. I find that the oil control on the Lioele is not as great as Missha's- whether or not that's because of the SPF and PA protection; I can't be sure.


The Lioele does run a little more light compared to shade 23 of Missha's Perfect Cover, but the difference is totally unnoticeable while on the face. I do find that the coverage of the Lioele is a little more strong, and makes it so that the natural pinks of my skin don't peek through. Though the Lioele gets a solid 7.5-8 in my books, I definitely prefer the Missha over it. Probably because of how it controls oil better and is a little more natural looking compared to Lioele's. Would I recommend Lioele's though? Definitely. The price is right and it's no where near low quality. Love it. 

That's it for now! Thanks for being so patient. 

Until next time, 

xo Catherine

1 comment:

  1. I always loved lioele bbcream ! I am using my third tube . www.gwiyomistyle.net

    ReplyDelete