Advertisement


 photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Korean Cosmetics Haul: Nature Republic & Tony Moly

Hi everyone! I'm back from my little trip to Honolulu and even though I had a great and relaxing time on the beaches and soaking up the sun, I'm super glad to be back home. I've been meaning to get this haul up for a few days now, but the weather has been weird here so the natural lighting that I use in my photographs are off. Today was not different, but I was getting annoyed and impatient and thought whatever; it's just a haul anyways. 

While I was in Hawaii I had the opportunity to shop in both Nature Republic and Tony Moly stores! This was honestly such a treat to me since I do 99% of my Korean cosmetic shopping online or in the 2 The Face Shop stores I have here. I had the chance to visit Tony Moly once on my 7 day trip but I got to visit Nature Republic a few times more.. hence why this haul is basically me throwing all of my American cash at them and their products. Plus, I don't know about you guys but I find shopping for Nature Republic online is quite difficult, as the online store I frequent don't carry a lot or any product of the brand. 

WELLLLLLL- here we go then! 




First of all- these are all the sheet masks I got from both Nature and Tony. I'm super excited to try the "I'm REAL" sheet masks on the left because the packaging of them is so cute! These masks were all a little under $2 besides the Exo masks that I got from NR- those came as extras with some of the things I got. I have a habit of hoarding sheet masks but I seriously have a reason to now. I usually don't use sheet masks or any type of moisturizing mask in the summer because of how overly hydrating they are on my oily skin, but ever since I got back from Hawaii I've been suffering from dry and flaky reptile skin. Gross, but 100 % serious.


I know that I said that I was wary of trying new face creams after the horrible experience I had with The Face Shop's Chia Seed one, but all of these were on sale and the advertisements they had up just sucked me in. I ended up picking up both the Fresh and Moist Steam Creams ($18) as well as the Super Aqua Max Fresh Watery Cream ($15). Hopefully these won't break me out and will end up replacing the current moisturizer I'm using; which isn't bad, but I just really wanna switch things up ya knooow?!


I was super religious when it came to my faith with sun screen when I was in Hawaii, but even then, I still some how became sun burnt.. Both my scalp and body. ALSO I've come to rediscover the fact that I break out in a terrible rash from body sun screen... no wonder why I hated applying it as a kid. To soothe my peeling skin and rashes, I picked up the famous Aloe Vera Soothing Gel (~$5). I love the watery texture of this and I'm super happy I checked my luggage to be able to bring this home! I also picked up NR's UV Lock Flower Mild Sun Cream with SPF 35 PA ++- because it was only $5 and was being advertised for sensitive skin! I'm currently using an SPF 50 one from Nuganic but the retail value of that stuff is $50 and I seriously don't have the money when I run out of it. Hopefully this won't react terribly with my skin and it'll be able to replace that.


I also picked up the Super Aqua Max Combination Watery Essence because it was around $8. I picked up the peeling gel (~$5-$6) because of my curiosity but the whole idea behind it is a total gimmick to me. I got the Maccola soap as a bonus for basically shoving my money down Nature Republic's throat but I'm not sure if I'm digging it because of it's weird scent.


I kind of went crazy with the eye/brow makeup but whatever- it was all super cheap I swear. The Botanical Skinny Liner was 50 off and came out to be around $6, same with the Wonder Mascara. The All Day Tint Eyebrow caught my attention because it's a freakin' marker for your brows which is something I've never seen in person before and I had to give it a shot because it was $5. I also ended up picking up the By Flower Auto Eyebrow too, and that was only like $3. Steals all day I tell ya.


The packaging of the Orchid Secret Base is seriously a dream. I got this green makeup base on sale for $5 and I probably would've picked it up in the pink too but thank goodness I didn't. I also went a little crazy with their Super Origin CC Creams because they were all half off and ended up being $15 each. I did get a little tan over there so I'm currently using the color change one and so far I'm really liking it. One of the only things that I got that wasn't on sale was the Botanical Vanilla Stick Concealer. This came up to be right under $7 and even though my collection of concealers only seems to be growing I knew I wanted this because of how smoothly it applied.


If you know me at all then you'd know that the only cheek makeup I use is bronzer, but I really couldn't walk away from this $5 cream blusher. It's so cute and I just. I caved. The lip gloss is in shade 2 and it was around $3 and the nail polish is in PK213 ($1.80).


The Self Smoky Eye Collection I ended up getting houses a pretty brown-almost-burgundy/maroon gel liner and a shimmery eye shadow duo of black of silver. I'm a little regretful that I didn't end up getting the Back Stage Gel Liner in a black but I figured that I already own too many black/chocolate brown liners that I should probably branch out and go for something different. I also wanted to try out a Korean mascara since I never had before and picked this one up. I ended up getting these 2 products plus a lip tint in a set for $24.


I haven't heard much about Tony's Dear Me Petite Cotton BB ($5-$6) before but I thought it would be good since the shelf was cleared out of it except for 3- which me and my 2 other friends ended up getting. The one I ended up getting was in shade 1 Cotton Beige which for some reason I didn't bother checking and I'm not too sure if it was offered in other shades but hopefully I'll be able to use this. I ended up also getting another blush/tint type of product but this time in an orange. This is the Aura Aura Jelly Tint Cheek in 02 Orange and I got it for around $3.



Next I got the Milky Tint in shade 1 Milky Pink which came in that set I was mentioning earlier. It's a pretty bubble gum shade that smells nice and adds a subtle tint of color. I like it because it doesn't dry out my lips! Lastly I knew I couldn't walk out of the store without getting at least 1 super cutesy item. I chose the Hello Bunny Perfume Bar in the Pom Pom Green Tea scent ($11). It smells super clean and refreshing which is totally up my alley. I dare say that this is the best smelling thing I've ever smelled.  


Anyways! That's it for today's post and hopefully y'all have better self control than me when it comes to sale shopping. If you don't- then I totally understand and would love to read up on all the goodies you've recently purchased! Share them with me below- as I'm always looking forward to trying new products. :) 

Thanks for reading! Until next time! 

xo, Catherine 

No comments:

Post a Comment