Advertisement


 photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png

Friday, April 18, 2014

Korean Cosmetics Haul from Honest Skin & Site Review


Heya! Today I'll be sharing with y'all some items that I recently picked up from honestskin.com! The website is also fairly new so I'll be doing a little site review that'll feature my thoughts on its customer service, site, prices, and its variety of cosmetics offered. If you're interested, keep reading! :) 





First, the haul:

(While typing this out, I realized that all of the items I got were either from Innisfree or Etude, haha oops)







  • Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer - Another product that I've been eyeing for quite some time now, but was hesitant to getting it just because it isn't a "fun" product, haha! 
  • Etude House I Need You Sheet Masks (A-Z +♥) - What I'm most excited for! I love sheet masks so when I saw this set of 27 of them for only around $17, they were going straight into my shopping cart! They're packed in a thick serum that doesn't drip (YES!), they absorb quickly, and the left over serum in the packet always finds a new home either along my arms or legs :) 


Surprise! I went to The Face Shop again and while I didn't have anything to buy, I really couldn't leave without picking out something.. The struggles of my addiction omg. I picked up a white polish (WH002) for $2 and a yogurt-y blue one with glitters in it for $3/4. The sheet masks seem promising because of their "hydro gel" feature plus the mask itself is separated into a section for the upper face and lower face. The ones I picked out for $2 each were the Vita C one with blood orange extract and the Vita B with star fruit extract :)

My experience with Honest Skin: 

I first heard of this site through a comment a staff member left on one of my blog posts, actually! I first I thought it was quite dodgy and a little 'eh' as to why a site would advertise through a comments system but once I checked out honestskin.com I was quite impressed. The site features an easy-to-navigate way to shop while still being cute and pleasing to the eyes! But what had me the most excited was the fact that the prices were so incredibly cheap and competitive that I knew I had to place an order. I was quite worried at first honestly, because of how no one has ever mentioned or done a haul/review on the site before, but once I saw CosJane's review on the site, I thought I'd give it a shot. Her later haul also convinced me that everything about the site would definitely be okay! I waited until March rolled around first, so I could take advantage of their site wide 30% off sale. 

Even though I had to pay for shipping, I ended up saving a whole lot of money. The shipping cost is based on the number of items you purchase, so essentially, the more items you purchase, the cheaper shipping becomes! This is great when it comes to ordering in bulk or heavier products, but it kinda sucks when all you want to order is a few sheet masks that weigh almost nothing and take up very little space. What I also like about their shipping is that a tracking number is always included, which is super nice especially when you're like me, and are super anxious and nosy as to where your parcel has passed through on a day to day basis. 

Before placing my order though, I had a few questions that I wanted to ask the Honest team, unfortunately, I never ended up getting a reply. Sucks, but I guess they were busy or something. I ended up placing my order on the 6th of March, and my package was shipped out on the 13th. This kind of irked me a little, as I'm so used to having my order being shipped out within 3 days of placing the order, but I figured that since they had a site wide sale, they were getting swamped with all of the other orders they were receiving. My ordered arrived on the 14th of April, so a month later. I've never waited over a month for any package from Korea ever, but I do have to count for the fact that my order was quite large (I ordered with a friend!) and was probably stuck in Canadian customs for some time, plus international registered airmail can always take some time. 

This was super long, but thanks for reading anyways!
Until next time!

xo, Catherine 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely haul! :D

    I love Korean cosmetics, I buy them whenever I can! ^_^ My favourite brands are Etude House and Benton cosmetics.

    www.amiciarai.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heya Amicia :)

      ooooooooh, i really want to try that one Benton steam cream that I've been hearing lots and lots about! Totally agree with you being on that Etude train tho, can't say no to pretty packaging!!

      xo Cat

      Delete