Advertisement


 photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png

Saturday, August 2, 2014

July 2014 Beauty Favourites

Hi everyone! Since I've been picking up new products here and there I've discovered some new favourites that I'd like to share with you all. This summer has been a really sweaty and hot one for me- from travelling to Hawaii and I've even been enduring some crazy heat here back at home too. Anyways, I've been using this products on an almost-daily basis which I think is enough proof to say that I'm really enjoying them! 




1. Cremorlab's Mineral Treatment Essence 


 I received this product quite awhile ago from one of my Memeboxes but didn't get it try it until recently when I brought it with me on a short road trip to Calgary, Banff, and Jasper. I use this product as a toner and I find that it makes me skin feel super smooth and plump. I'm super curious about Cremorlab's other products but they're definitely not priced like Etude or Innisfree so I'll definitely need to save up! Can I also just say that the packaging on this stuff is seriously the prettiest thing ever?!

2. Nature Republic's Botanical Wonder Mascara: Longlash 


I seriously have a problem with buying makeup and never using any of it and I've been trying really hard to use up the stuff I have before going out to get more. Mascara is probably my most ignored makeup product in my collection and I don't even know why. I picked this one up in Hawaii for super cheap and I'm really loving it. The skinny wand does a lot more for me than the big fat ones I'm used to and the little fibres in the formulation really do extend my lashes and makes them super long. This stuff doesn't smudge, hardly flakes, lasts all day and isn't a complete B to take off. I am in love.

3. The Face Shop's Lovely Me:ex Color My Eye Brow: 04 Natural Gray 

I got my brows done recently and my brow routine has totally been switched up- and I can't complain at all! I love the boldness that this product gives me and since I go for the natural look, I usually only use this towards the ends of my brows. This stuff is like a mascara for your brows so it is quite stiff which means your wonky hairs will definitely stay in place! I'm not sure if this is worth $10 but TFS is always having some sort of promotion so I'm sure it'll all work out...

4. Nature Republic's Botanical All Day Tint Eyebrow: 02 Light Brown 

 I've been completing my new brow look with this unique felt tipped brow marker. It's no where near having a "nice" pigmentation which makes it IMO the perfect brow filler when it comes to the front edges of my brows. This stuff definitely aids in giving you the natural look while still polishing up any sparse areas that you may have.

5. Tosowoong's Makeon Super Long Lasting Waterproof Gel Pencil Liner: Lovely Espresso Brown

I got this pretty brown liner in a kit from one of my Memeboxes awhile back and you don't even know how much I loooooooove gel pencil liners. They're seriously a dream and are so easy to apply because they're so smooth! I love how natural this brown looks along my upper lashes. Dare I say that I've finally mastered eyeliner thanks to this product?! Even though this liner is waterproof, to which I must agree, I take it even one step further by priming my lids with Etude's Proof 10 Eye Primer to keep it looking even more fresh and crisp!

6. The Face Shop's Lovely Me:ex You & Face Blusher: 09 Cinnamon Dream

Contouring is something I've been implementing in my makeup routine for a few months now as I've grown a bit self conscious with my cheek shape, and while I've been working at Too Faced's Chocolate Soleil Bronzer for a while now, sometimes I find it difficult to blend. I picked up this bronzer for super cheap when TFS was having a promo and while it isn't as dark as my other one, it blends a lot better and is a lot more natural looking! The only problem that I have with it is that I find the packaging difficult to work with at times.. notice the nail indent in the product :( It's also a little on the softer side but that contributes to it blending so easily so I can't really complain.



Well that's all for my July favourites! My skin has been surprisingly well so I didn't mention any bb creams/foundations/concealers but knowing me, I'm sure you'll hear about those types of products soon! If you were curious as to what nail polish I'm wearing in these photos, it's TFS's Face It Gel Touch Nails in BR802. 

Thanks for reading! Until next time! 

xo, Catherine 

2 comments:

  1. I love the blusher from The Face Shop, too!
    The highlighter is gorgeous and number 09 is one of my favourite :)

    www.bubbly-color.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the recommendation! i'll definitely have to check those out :)

      Delete